Several years ago, Donna inspired us to host our first Thanksgiving gathering at our house. It has become tradition. I know Donna would be pleased that we're carrying on. We'll hold our memories of Donna close as we gather for the Thanksgiving celebration this year.
Five things for which I am thankful in 2016:
1) I am thankful that I have the back yard space to garden, and even more so that I am not reliant on the produce to live. I love gardening, but I'm nowhere near self-sufficiency.
2) I am thankful that I rediscovered the joy of running, thanks to my daughters, to coach Judy Fellhauer, and to the Women's Fit Team.
3) I am thankful the recent election did not tear my family asunder. While we had polar opposite views on several topics and candidates, we shared a similar vision of America's future. Winners, please don't gloat, and losers, please don't pout!
4) I am thankful I get to write. I feel fortunate to have been published. Thank you to everyone who has been kind enough to purchase my work, read my stories, and write reviews!
5) I am thankful for the vision of our forefathers and mothers who set aside great chunks of American wilderness to remain unspoiled for future generations. I'm also thankful for the chance to explore untouched areas, and witness grand old trees that made me think of Tolkein's Treebeard.
Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on the blessings in our lives. Is there something in particular for which you are thankful?