I woke up Saturday morning thinking about my asparagus bed. It has not been producing well. My plan was to weed the plot and remove an unnecessary hail cover. Next, I would dig up the crowns, add soil, rototill, and replant the crowns.
My husband wanted to help, not realizing what he was getting himself into. We decided to move the hail cover next to my pathetic herb garden. Both areas needed to be reworked to make them more productive.
As we removed gravel type rock from soil next to the herbs. I hit metal. A plate with two screws. My husband was curious. Half an hour later, we uncovered an old deck pylon. Two hours later, and we still hadn't unearthed the thing.
This is the way of life in 2020. You start out on one project, and get sucked into another, immeasurably more difficult, sidetrack.
We - well, mostly my husband - finally wrenched the pylon out of the earth. Leonard had a new stress. How to get rid of it.
I decided to repurpose it into a bird bath.
It ended up being a long day, and we were both tired and sore by the time we were done. Now I only have five months to wait to see whether all our work results in a more productive garden.
Subscribe to this blog: